CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 09, 2009

No more Kailyn...

My sweet daughter announced this morning that she is no longer Kailyn. Apparently, my response was not good enough, because she let out a big sigh and said, "MOM, I saaaaaaaiiiiidddd, there is no more Kailyn. Aren't you so sad?"

Realizing the gravity of this situation, I knealt down, grabbed her hands, and cried, "Oh nooooo........ where is my Kailyn? I would be sooooo sad without her!" (Much better, Mom). "Well, I want a new name. I'm not Cinderella, either. I think I'll be Gus," she replied, apparently more satisfied with my second reaction. With a quick turn, off she went downstairs to pick out her cereal. Or so I thought.

What I now realize she was really doing was creating a path, Hansel and Gretal style, for all her other mouse friends to come and find the said bowl of cereal once it was placed at her seat. She also "corrected" one of my favorite pictures of her holding Charlie in case I forgot that I no longer have a Kailyn.

We now ask that all stickers sent to Gus be in packs of 1 instead of 55.

3 comments:

Erin said...

We *love* stickers at our house too. I find them everywhere!

Shannon Major said...

I love that she put a real picture of Gus over her face. That is AWESOME. Gus, you are just to smart!

Unknown said...

OMG Staci....I think I almost peed my pants~ I love 3 year olds!! They come up with the funniest things~