CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's dumping out and we love it!

Finally, after weeks of crazy wind, freezing temperatures, and a three-year-old that NEEDS to go outside, I was reminded today why we live in Valdez and not sunny Florida. It snowed! And what a beautiful snowfall it was! I love these big huge flakes - they always make me think of my dad. Shortly before he died, he would sit in front of our window just watch the snow fall, commenting on how cool it was and that he was glad to get to see that again. And really, it is cool to watch. I wish that I knew what it was that he thought about.

One (actually a comparatively small) snowflake that fell next to my foot while taking pictures. It's at least the size of a quarter.
Thirty six degrees!! Yeah!!
I guess Brian will be digging out the snow blower!

No comments: