CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dad

Today marked two years that my dad has been gone. Alot has happened since that night in the hospital, but I think that overall, he would be pleased with the way things are going with us.

We decided to take the advice of a good friend that often has great advice to give. Instead of being sad today, we used this time to reflect on the blessings that we have and our opportunity to spend yet another precious day on earth. And what a great day it was! Dad always loved the big snowflakes, and we got lots of them today (YEAH!!). So we decided to load up the kiddos and go snowshoeing. Overall, it was a great time, but I think that Kailyn might need to drink a Red Bull before we go next time. She was a little slow... Finally Brian convinced her to hitch a ride in the sled. Charlie slept in the backpack, and I loved the chance to get outside and stretch my legs!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I love that you guys got your big snowflakes! Kailyn is too cute with her snowshoes! Can't wait until Addison is old enough to do that. We love you!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was up there with you. I am sure your dad is looking down on you with the biggist smile on his face. I know he wants us all to live our lives to the fullest , which I am not doing such a hot job of, but I know you are and if he was here he would be right there playing out in the snow with his grandbabies.

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for you and your family everytime I think of your Dad. And when I see these pictures of Kailyn with her big smile on the sled and the picture of Charlie on the couch laughing I can't help but be reminded of what you said about enjoying the life God has given us to the fullest until the day comes when we can all be together again. What a blessing you have been given with your 2 beautiful, healthy children and it's as if your Dad is smiling at you through them.
I love you!