CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Brilliance

I have a new addiction... no, it's not drugs or wii anything hip or cool like that. It's an internet site that absolutely cracks me up every time I read it. But recently, a post served me more than just to make me laugh. It is actually saving me some time and making my family more harmonious each and every night.

Last Thursday night, while stirring the spaghetti sauce with one hand and bouncing Charlie with the other, all while Kailyn was running around the house like a crazy lady, I was reminded of a post that details the glorious idea of allowing the big kids to take the little kids for a "walk" in the house. Well, for those of you that don't live in Valdez, we have been having some pretty crappy weather. It was freezing cold and super windy, then it snowed for a day and has now been raining (in January???) for the past three days. Whatever. We are all so tired of being inside that we are willing to try new ideas, even if they go against small warning stickers placed on your kids toys.

So... I asked Kailyn to stop her triathlon and chat with me for a minute. Did she want to take Charlie for a walk in her pink stroller? Oh my... if you could have bottled this child's excitement and sold it you would be a millionaire for sure. She had her pink stroller downstairs and ready to go before I even finished explaining that it was a "walk" not a "run" and we need to take the corners easy.... Anyways.... it was a hit! Charlie LOVES IT, Kailyn thinks that she is a supermodel rock star mom (she pauses every so often to do a little dance and ask if I'd like to take a picture of her), and the family dog, Cedar, has even decided to join in since his walks have been pretty much nil of late. Who'd of thought I could make so many people happy with one little idea?

Lap 8....

They are all LOVING LIFE about now! Charlie is shaking his hands here he is so excited - he's such a ham!

One of her dance breaks - can you tell how uninterested in the stop Cedar is?
Kailyn is just checking out Charlie to make sure he's still having fun. She is such a thoughtful big sister!

Thanks to the Meanest Mom for the idea - check out her blog at http://themeanestmom.blogspot.com/.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Don't you just love the Meanest Mom. I read her blog everyday to get a good chuckle!

Kristen said...

LOVE IT!!! These pictures are sooo funny!

swellflamingo said...

Ha Ha cant wait to try this! This is so great - your whole life is here... i am diggin' this bloggin' thing:)