CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Kailyn's First Haircut

Kailyn and I finally got some much needed, one-on-one girl time last week while we were in Anchorage. Mom flew in on Tuesday night, so Wednesday morning we took off to Allure Hair Design & Day Spa. Brian gave me a gift certificate for Christmas, and I thought that this would be a great way to spend it.

I had my MUCH-NEEDED hair cut scheduled first so that Kailyn could get a look at everything that would go on.... which is why I was surprised that she was so uneasy about the whole thing. She is normally a pretty conservative girl - almost always watching from the sidelines when approaching new territory. That's not to say that she doesn't completely jump in once she checks the scene out, but she's a little cautious. So I was thinking that this would go great since she got to watch me first.

Not so much.
-
Although she had the best of manners and listened to all the instructions that Natalie gave her, she just did not look like she had a good time... Luckily she had already won everybody over by the time that it was her turn!
How cute is this?? They had a little smock that was just her size!


This is about as close as we got to a smile during the actual hair cut.
***I was almost going to do a bob, which I think is super cute on little girls, but I just didn't have the nerve. So, most people can't really even tell that we cut her hair - we just took off the ends. Oh yeah, this part is VERY important, especially if you get to see it in person. It looks JUST LIKE SNOW WHITE'S HAIR. Really. It does. Just ask. Or be told if you mess it up and forget. Or... gasp.... make a reference to the oh-so-yesterday's-favorite-princess Cinderella.

2 comments:

swellflamingo said...

Love her facial expressions through all of this. Don't worry Kailyn in a few years your Florida roots will emerge and you will love getting pampered at the spa.

Kristen said...

HAHAHA!!

I love the second picture! It cracks me up!

Yes, Kayilyn, one day you will consider this a LUXURY!

Please say hi to your Mom from us!!! Hope you all are having a great visit!