CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Need to talk to God

I love having a three year old. There are many, many reasons why, but this morning my daughter was especially sweet.

Well, if stories about 3-year-olds going poo gross you out, then you should move along at this point. This story is about poo... kind of.

Our normal routine around here is that Kailyn wipes if it's #1, grown-ups wipe if it's #2. I got the call around 1:50 that this would be a grown-up wipe. Yippee. I looked around to be sure I was indeed the only grown-up, and seeing that I was, made my way into the bathroom. Which was probably a good thing, as my husband has been known to gag over the smell of kids' poo. This one was baaaaaaad. I couldn't hold back, and told Kailyn, "my goodness, you can make some stinky poo!" Where would a hiney so small store all that stink? Sheesh!!!

I'll spare you a picture of her sitting on the throne, but with this face, she tells me, "I need to talk to God, I think. Maybe I should go see him and my Papa." These comments always bring mixed emotions for me. But, I prod, "Why, honey - why do you need to see God?"
-
"Well, I guess he just made my poo stinky. He sometimes makes people's poo stink, but I think, yeah... well, I think that I need to ask him if he would give me some poo that smells nice."
-
Aaaahhh... a new prayer to add to our list.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If she does get through to HIM , tell her I have a few other people she can add to that list also .....

Erin said...

What a cute story! I just love the faces she makes!

Anonymous said...

I think they need to bring that show back "Kids say the darndest things", she would be the star.
She cracks me up!

Slightly Hippieish Mama said...

Sooo cute......that' s girl for you. On the other hand, Brayden screamed for me today "MOOOOOOOM I need you" (always a sign that he pooped). When I came in the bathroom he said "Look mom, I did a BIG poop" I said, "Yes, honey you sure did" not really looking. He immediately said "Mom I saw you and you did not look at my BIG poop, LOOK AT IT" hahaha Oh the joy of 3 year olds!!! Those are always the times I wish I had my video camera strapped to my head!!

Kristen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That girl of yours is 'stinkin' cute!! I love it!