CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Picking out rocks at the river

Kailyn has discovered yet another way to give me a heart attack. She climbs up on her stool to peer out the window and jumps up and down with excitement now that she has a complete view of the side yard. Meanwhile, the stool wobbles all over the place and I try to control my panic. Of course, the stool doesn't stay by the window when I'm not right there, but I want her to see the world, so I let her do it sometimes...

We had another day of sunshine, so we packed up and went for a walk down to the river to collect rocks. Kailyn was a great help - she organized 3/4's of the riverbed for me, one rock at a time. Willie did his part, too, trying to remove the dead trees so we could look under them for the perfect ones. I hope that we got enough - I am hoping to do a craft with the girls on Wednesday and Thursday. I'll have them all day, so any ideas for fun stuff would be greatly appreciated!


3 comments:

Belle Etoile said...

Don't you love how diligently they work on their "projects". Sophia likes to make sure that all of the gift bags I save are equally spread throughout the house at any given time. She's such a dedicated worker!

Rachelle said...

wow, what a refreshing blog! I just loved your description, it just made my heart happy! :)) I felt exactly the same way when I had my 'little' ones. They are now 15 and 12.... time does fly so quickly-- enjoy her littleness!
Keep up the sweet blog, what part of Alaska are you in? I have a friend who lived there near Juno for 2 years and goes back every year, she loved it.
Slainte~
Rachelle
http://pasturemusings.blogsopt.com

Blessed said...

You write so well! It just puts a smile to my face everytime I read your blogs! :) I will be putting a "happier" one up later this week about the kids' birthdays so check it out this weekend!

Looking forward to seeing you at scrapbooking! I may just bring Snickers Salad! ;)

Jacquelyn