CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Quilt Festival

Peggy came to visit us last weekend for the Semi-Annual Quilt Festival. We had a great time and (kind of) got alot done. We learned from last time and didn't take so many classes; she took one of my all-time favorite patterns, the Wedding Ring, and my main class was on a pattern that I've always liked but have been too scared to try, the Tumbling Block. I also took one on wall-hangings, and chose a pattern that worked with bright colors for my kitchen, which is kind of dark. I still have a lot of work to do on both, but they are coming along!

Kailyn has been growing so much these days. She breezed right through her 6-12 month clothes and now is in 12-18! I can't believe it!! She really should still be in 6-12, I think, but they are so short on her. She also skipped right over walking.... taking approximately 1 1/2 days to perfect the skill, and now she pretty much runs every where! It's great exercise for me, as her favorite game is getting chased around the house screaming and laughing while I yell, "I'm gonna getchu!" She has also discovered the cabinets and has claimed one for her own - all of her toys get shoved in there for quick cleaning each night =). I don't know who's more pleased with the set-up, her or me??

I think that she is going to be into creative stuff. My bag of fabric was downstairs, and she had a blast going through it over and over again, checking out each scrap one by one. We've also started letting her color - of course, she's strapped to her high chair so she doesn't take off with a crayon in her hand - and she's so cute. She really thinks about each color choice, as if studying the piece of art she's creating to see which color is lacking the most. It seems so strange to see my baby picking out colors....




This is her onery face - I can't believe I caught it! She's getting ready to throw the crayon on the floor after much deliberation and thought; brown does not belong in her picture. She gave it a fair chance, but it's got to go.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my your tumbling blocks are looking sooooooooo great.... you will certainly have to teach me how to do this pattern.
Your spools are great also ... I love the bright colors and I really so likethe black background best.
Kailyn is great ... I love the last picture ... it is like her laugh picture, you can really see what she is up to ... no good ... ha ha .
Thaks for sharing .... Peggy :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Kailyn coloring!!! We just saw you guys two weeks ago and she already looks different! It is crazy how quickly our babies are growing and changing!

I love your quilts! I have to say I am impressed!

Love,
Erin

Belle Etoile said...

Beautiful quilts, Stacie. Maybe I'll have to learn how to quilt...

Cute pics of Kailyn. Sophia and I are planning a finger painting project for when I'm off next. I'll post pics on my blog when we do it.