CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 21, 2006

Where's the light?

Kailyn has begun pointing at things, which is so fun! "Where's Willie, Kailyn? Where's Daddy?" But, does she know where Mommy is? The one that feeds her, bathes her, changes her ever so stinky diapers??? Nah - just the important people. I'm just the hired help, as my dad says. Oh well, someday. "Please, Kailyn, say Mommy," I tell her all the time. Ornery girl, never listens. I am pretty sure that she has been saying Willie for a while now, and I swear she said "Dada" to Brian last night. But when do you count it as their first word? I don't think it's until she says "Mommy," is it??

Luckily, she is crazy for my cooking, and it does not matter what I give her. Occasionally she'll inspect a food parcel, but mostly she gobbles them down, sticking a few crumbs and pieces on her shirt and in her pants for a quick snack at a later time. She eats onions, chili, eggs... I even gave her a lemon on the way back from Anchorage, and she ate that with no complaints! She also enjoys feeding Willie, but hasn't caught on that he's not always with us; I feel so bad for the waiters and waitresses that have to clean up after us. I try to at least get the big stuff, but I can never get it all! Something that I find interesting is that we seem to have the same taste thus far. She didn't like the potato salad I pawned off on her, and I figured she would love a french fry from my stash, but neither of us liked them. It is so neat to watch her little personality develop!

1 comment:

Belle Etoile said...

Sophia finally said Mama here just recently. Up until then I was known as "Ba-ba".