CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Extreme Shopping

Kaliyn was attacked by a dog today. Okay, not really attacked, but it really really felt like it to me. I am still a little shaken up by it. We were in the thrift store (it's half off day) and I set her on the floor to go through a bin. This lab puppy (who happens to be super cute) that I didn't even realize was out came running up to play with her and scratched her right on the face. I was so scared - of course Kailyn cried, making me all the more upset. You can see the little red mark by her eye, but I think that she will live... I am a dog person and totally understand all of this. I still think that it's great that the dog is at work with the owner, but can't help but be a little mad at the situation. Of course, I shouldn't have set my daughter (right next to me) on the floor, but I didn't expect a puppy to come pouncing on her, either. I know that I'm partly in the wrong, and am torn about calling the manager. I don't want the dog to have to stay home in a kennel all day. But the clerk/ dog owner didn't even say a word about it, though we were right at the register when it happened. A quick, "I'm so sorry, can I get you a wet paper towel to wipe off her face," would have made me feel so different about the situation. What to do?

On to a lighter note, she's officially out of 3-6 months clothes! It was so sad, but I had to put away some of my favorite little pants. Although our skinny minny has become a chunky monkey, she's still been wearing some 3-6 month tops that really showcase her buddha belly... hmmm... maybe I will put those away, too. The shirt she has on is even a 12 month! It's a little big, but looks really cute with her new tenny shoes.

1 comment:

Belle Etoile said...

You got her some new tennies? Are they from the thrift store?