CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Yesterday I was listening to a talk show geared at giving kids some ideas about what to get mom for Mother's Day. One that really stuck with me for some reason was a mom of two that really really really just wanted a day of peace and quiet at a hotel. It didn't have to be nice at all, no spa needed, just a private room all by herself.


Now don't get me wrong. I look forward to my peace and quiet as much as the next mom - I mean who doesn't lock the door and savor that long, hot shower each (hopefully) day? But that's not quite what I would ask for on Mother's Day. Nope. I want my kids jumping all over me and singing and playing while I do "mommy" sorts of things.


Like give them lots and lots of kisses. So many, in fact, that my husband, possibly out of fear that I might devour them, told me that I am like a little sucker fish.While this brought funny images to my mind, really, I feel more like this:

A big, round, puffed up blow fish.

2 comments:

Mema said...

You are sooooo funny. HAPPY BELATED MOTHERS DAY. That is how your father slept too. Love, Mema

Mema said...

Well you just keep being a sucker or blow fish as long as you can because before you know it they wont sit still for you to do that. Love, Mema