CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Dad

We weren't so sure about the Blueberry Bash this year, especially after Charlie's bout with jaundice. But, you know, my labor started the last time I had been at the cabin - I think that he really likes it there and was anxious to check the place out! Soooo... we went....

And it ended up being the perfect time to bury dad's ashes. It was sad that Dana couldn't be there, but I was glad that she was OK with us finally taking him back to a place that he loved to be. Dad just loved it there, and I am glad that we found a special place for him. We let Charlie sit on his Papa's chair while we buried him and said a little prayer. Kailyn wasn't too sure what was going on, but she knew it was a special day. The weather was absolutely beautiful, with just the perfect amount of wind so that the American flag snapped every so often. I think that Dad would have been happy, and I'm glad that he's there.

No comments: