CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Day of Sunshine (finally....)

Well, I had just about given up on this blog thing... I have checked every day to see if my pictures would post, and everyday have been deeeeenied. I had several pictures to post with the last entry, but none would show up, making me so frustrated. Now that it has allowed me to bring some up, watch out! There are quite a few to make up for the lapse in time; maybe I can start posting regularly again. It's not nearly as fun with no pictures!

I'm not sure what I want to write about first, but I guess I'll start with my shorts. Mom saved these from when I was a baby, and it was really neat to put them on my daughter knowing that my hiney was the last one in them! I can't believe they actually fit her - they have always looked so big to me! Mom says they were my favorite pair, and I believe it! They are pretty well worn (loved), and they look SO CUTE on Kailyn!

What is most exciting about fact that she wore my shorts is that SHE WORE SHORTS! It was hot enough to wear shorts! While the rest of the States have enjoyed a hotter than normal summer, we have not enjoyed a wetter than normal one. It's been tough on us - Kailyn and I are both suffering from cabin fever. One of the greatest things about living in Valdez is the great scenery and all of the stuff to do outside, but we have been robbed of that most of the summer. I did get Kailyn a raincoat, so that helps when it's just drizzling, but when it's really raining and a little chilly, I don't want to go outside, let alone bring my 1-year-old out. So when the sun peeked out from the clouds yesterday, we JUMPED on the opportunity to get outside. I told my friend Katey that it reminded me of the Rapture, where one second we are all here going about our business, then the next , we are whisked away to meet our Maker. Well, most of us =) are taken to Him. I was right in the middle of taking the laundry out when I heard Kailyn's squeak, indicating she was up from her nap. Even I didn't know that I could run up the stairs, get her changed, coat & helmet on, and in the bicycle that fast. We were off!

Our first stop was the boring post office, but then we went over to Ruth Pond and fed the ducks. Kailyn loved watching them swim and chase each other, racing to the bread I would throw. When it was her turn to throw, she would hold the bread high as if she were going to zing it over to the ducks, then stuff it in her face as fast as she could and laugh. I love these little games, when she tries to "trick" me, and thinks she's hilarious (she is). After the pond, we rode over to the docks and watched Pat Olsen gut some fish. Gross, you would think. My daughter thought it was great. So did I, really, since hopefully this means she'll be taking on that job when we go fishing!

No story to tell about this picture - just thought that it was funny. I actually thought that Kailyn was starting to like Cheerios - she normally gives them to Willie. I guess her new trick is sticking them in her high chair when I'm not looking since we are working on not throwing food on the ground. She is such a little stinker! When I first saw her tights, I thought to myself, "how cute! I didn't even realize those were polka-dotted." Then, it seemed the polka-dots were 3-dimensional, and I laughed! What a goofball!

No comments: