CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 28, 2012

December 23, 2011 (part b)

After a pretty tough delivery, Jack finally made it, and on his terms! Not sure if it was the Mexican food for dinner, the hay ride at the Reindeer Farm, or the long talk we had the night before, but I started feeling good contractions at about 3pm. We called Peggy and told her that she might start heading this way, and were super excited to learn that Tom was home and could watch the big kids. Both moms/ grandmas were going to be able to be there for Jack's grand entrance!

We went to the hospital about 6 when the contractions were too much to talk through. With my history of quick deliveries, we didn't wait until they were five minutes apart like they say!

The nurse confirmed what I already knew... I was definitely in labor! Yay!! Once we were checked into our room, things progressed pretty quickly. My doctor's car was stuck in her driveway, so another doctor attended to us while she worked on getting another ride. By the time she arrived, I was in active labor and all too ready to be finished! But with Jack, I never got that "urge" to push. It was like he realized it was time, but I would have to make it happen. I remember the other doctor asking me at 9:45pm why I didn't want to push, and thinking that I just didn't need to yet... She told me that if I started pushing, that I would have my baby by 10, she just knew it. I pondered that for a few minutes and decided that holding the babe in my arms seemed a much more desirable way than the current one, and I started pushing. Meaning to hold her to her word, Jack entered this world at 10pm on the dot, weighing in at 8 pounds 2 ounces, and 20 inches long, and looking JUST LIKE his brothers and sister!



This picture totally cracks me up. I think someone just told him that Jack is coming home with us and going to take up even more of mom's lap space... UGH!!!

No comments: