CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

The proverbial "grass" only looks greener if you don't water your own lawn.

I've known many people that thought that they... I don't know... had the best house. Or the best car. Or the best hair. Or whatever. Who cares is what I wonder. It just seems to be a silly way to look at things - always wondering if what you have is better than the next guy's. Because there is ALWAYS someone, something, somewhere that is better. Even if what you have is great.

BUT. Can you be snobby about the place that you live? Really, I can think of no place that I have traveled that rivals my home. I have been to many BEAUTIFUL places, but being able to raise my family in a place that has THIS in just a six minute drive and about an hour snowshoe... come on.... I think that I REALLY DO LIVE IN THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD. There is no better. Sure, we have some ornery weather, but when it's nice, it's NICE! I'm watering my "lawn," and it's looking gooooood!!!!

In case you are not familiar with Valdez, these icebergs are "floating" in a frozen lake. They are different every year, though always amazing. The ice that you see is probably a bazillion years old. The rocks that are still frozen inside have probably been frozen there since our ancestors tossed them aside in search of a better shaped one.

OK. I am a little imaginative, I suppose, but what a fun adventure we were able to go on.... all the while searching for lost or hurt animals (Kailyn's concern). We chose not to point out what was most likely some bear prints. With the strange weather we've been having, it looks like they are waking up a little early this year.

Total side note: Good morning, bears. Please eat lots of fish and berries, and stay away from our backyard. We would really like to play there this summer.



No comments: