CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Stop Worrying!

That could have been the title at today's sermon at the Baptist Church. Though we usually go to the Catholic Church, we wanted to try something new today. It was great! The message seemed directed just to me... Brian must have jabbed me in the side every minute or so as the pastor highlighted yet another thing that I do ALL THE TIME. I am such a worrier. From the legitimate, "Will Dad be OK," to the highly unlikely, "Will Kailyn ever get kidnapped or harmed?" I even worry about things that have already happened, like "Why did I buy a new snowmachine last year?" Anyways, the moral of the story was to stop worrying, which does nothing for anybody, especially yourself, and start praying. Seems to be a much better course of action... Instead of dwelling on the negative, wish positive things for those in need (even if it's yourself). When I lay in bed at night and think of those families overseas that have soldiers patrolling their neighborhoods and friends and family members being doused with kerosene and burned alive... I cry and feel so sad for them. Which doesn't really do much for them or me. I'm sad, they're still living in a nightmare. I hope that I can focus those emotions and try to do something small for them, and maybe, if we all did the same, it might really make a difference. Who knows?

On the same note, he talked about being thankful for the situations that we are in. Not as in "Oh, I've just been in a car crash, praise the Lord," but as in "Oh, I've just been in a car crash, thank God that I'm not alone." He suggested that we think of all the blessings God has bestowed upon us, and maybe even share them with a loved one.

Here's a few of mine:


Living in a place where a family can go out to find their own perfect Christmas tree.


Having a daughter healthy enough to wonder what in the heck we are doing cutting down trees in below zero weather.

For some reason, I cannot post any more pictures. I will try again in a few days to put the ones of the tree and Kailyn & Santa up.

3 comments:

Belle Etoile said...

Isaac nudged me a few times, too. I even nudged him once or twice, but it was when the pastor spoke of the type of people who NEVER worry about ANYTHING. So see, he's not perfect either. Or wait, was that the point? :)

Anonymous said...

Good advise, I'm trying but it sure is hard. I still have my worry stone that you got for me a few years ago and it is taking some of my worries away. It is true, it does no good to worry, it only makes things worse. Keep those prayers coming,and yes, it would be so nice if we could all do something to help others who are suffering. Love, MeMaw

Anonymous said...

OOPS!!!! I'm not anonymous. I guess I forgot to put my name in.