CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunrise in Alaska

Hawaii has nothing on us. NYC skyline... bring it on. Hands down, I am blessed to live in the most beautiful place that I have ever seen.

After taking Kailyn to school on Friday, I ventured out to take some pictures for my new photography class and ended up refreshing my soul.
-
It was an amazing morning. The air was a little chilly, and I'll admit that I was thankful for my warm truck with a cup of coffee waiting for me! But I was excited for the excuse to get out by myself and enjoy the quiet as the world wakes up.

There is something about hearing the wings of an eagle as it soars overhead looking for a meal. Or wondering what that sound is and finally realizing it's the ripples of a duck swimming away because you've startled it. Seeing the steam begin to rise off the water as the air warms a little faster than the water. The colors, the smells... it is all almost overwhelming and you can't help but feel alive and thankful. And such a small piece of such a big world. But a piece just the same.



No comments: